ok no pictures today just some random thoughts before i hit the sack to go nighty night.
We were sustained and set apart today in our new ward as Sunday school teachers for the youth. I am so looking forward to teaching again! i miss it!
my class is the 12 & 13 year old kids, my goodness they have a TON of energy. I dont remember being that talkative and chatty when i was 12 years old.
I love our new ward. being in a Samoan ward again reminds me of growing up in cali. The youth kids, the older folks monitoring the hallways to make sure the youth were attending classes. the cute little old ladies in their puletasi's giving you warm smiles. the chubby infants grubbin on snacks during sacrament, and just the feel of a Polynesian ward. I dont know what it is. I just feel like I am at church with my entire family again. It feels great.
R.S. was so amazing today. i cant remember the last time i sat in class (without emett boy) and was able to actually just enjoy the lesson and feel the spirit and its promptings and ponder about so many different things.
Since being a new mommy i feel like i have been neglecting my personal spiritual fine tuning, ya know, scripture study, personal prayer, journal writing etc. I mean i do all that stuff but lately, and i hate to admit it, but its just been going through the motions recently to get it done.
it felt great today to read, ponder, & record.
Goodness so many things to be grateful for and i know i have been tremendously blessed, so i always feel HORRIBLE when i dont take the time to do the little things that the Lord longs for us to do, like report back to him and communicate how we feel.
I know, because i am a mother now, that he only wants our genuine happiness and success. He must be so sad when we dont listen to his warnings or teachings, or when are rushed and "dont have time" to pray and ask, thank, or share our thoughts. I mean, i know he already knows what we are thinking and knows what we are going through but its in the ACT of actually DOING it that shows our love, dedication and FAITH.
Oh i have so much to work on, but all in all it was a great sabbath day at church! i love my family and i love being able to reflect on these things.
I use to wonder why my parents always made us go to church every Sunday when we were little asking them "WHY do we have to go? its the same stuff all the time, never anything new..." HAHA i was so naive! SO clueless. Yes, maybe the lessons we learn in church may SEEM mundane OR repetitive but there is ALWAYS something new. ALWAYS something to learn. And i know NOW that the Lord finds ways to teach simple truths over and over and over again because we just dont get it the first time, or the second time, or maybe even the 5th, 100th, GAZILLIONTH time. OR maybe we do, we just forget and need to be taught again ha ha.
I am grateful for second changes, for opportunities to start with a clean slate EVERY DAY!
Count Your Blessings....
oh and i lost 9 lbs!!! YAY!
We were sustained and set apart today in our new ward as Sunday school teachers for the youth. I am so looking forward to teaching again! i miss it!
my class is the 12 & 13 year old kids, my goodness they have a TON of energy. I dont remember being that talkative and chatty when i was 12 years old.
I love our new ward. being in a Samoan ward again reminds me of growing up in cali. The youth kids, the older folks monitoring the hallways to make sure the youth were attending classes. the cute little old ladies in their puletasi's giving you warm smiles. the chubby infants grubbin on snacks during sacrament, and just the feel of a Polynesian ward. I dont know what it is. I just feel like I am at church with my entire family again. It feels great.
R.S. was so amazing today. i cant remember the last time i sat in class (without emett boy) and was able to actually just enjoy the lesson and feel the spirit and its promptings and ponder about so many different things.
Since being a new mommy i feel like i have been neglecting my personal spiritual fine tuning, ya know, scripture study, personal prayer, journal writing etc. I mean i do all that stuff but lately, and i hate to admit it, but its just been going through the motions recently to get it done.
it felt great today to read, ponder, & record.
Goodness so many things to be grateful for and i know i have been tremendously blessed, so i always feel HORRIBLE when i dont take the time to do the little things that the Lord longs for us to do, like report back to him and communicate how we feel.
I know, because i am a mother now, that he only wants our genuine happiness and success. He must be so sad when we dont listen to his warnings or teachings, or when are rushed and "dont have time" to pray and ask, thank, or share our thoughts. I mean, i know he already knows what we are thinking and knows what we are going through but its in the ACT of actually DOING it that shows our love, dedication and FAITH.
Oh i have so much to work on, but all in all it was a great sabbath day at church! i love my family and i love being able to reflect on these things.
I use to wonder why my parents always made us go to church every Sunday when we were little asking them "WHY do we have to go? its the same stuff all the time, never anything new..." HAHA i was so naive! SO clueless. Yes, maybe the lessons we learn in church may SEEM mundane OR repetitive but there is ALWAYS something new. ALWAYS something to learn. And i know NOW that the Lord finds ways to teach simple truths over and over and over again because we just dont get it the first time, or the second time, or maybe even the 5th, 100th, GAZILLIONTH time. OR maybe we do, we just forget and need to be taught again ha ha.
I am grateful for second changes, for opportunities to start with a clean slate EVERY DAY!
Count Your Blessings....
oh and i lost 9 lbs!!! YAY!
3 comments:
YAY Lithie! You're doing sooo good. I'm way proud of you and excited...and jealous... Anyway, isn't it great when you get that motivation from church? Sometimes, it just seems like you get home and it's like now you're ready to make changes in your life! At least that's how it is for me... Anyway, thanks for this post! It was great! Also, your little boy is so stinkin' cute, I can't even stand it.
I can relate to how you feel. Just this past Sunday a comment was made about being members of the church. We should be constantly climbing the mountain and we are at different stages every day, month or year. I think I'm at the bottom of the mountain but I was just called as RS teacher so I better start climbing right? Thanks for sharing your thoughts and congrats on your weightloss. Weightloss is so hard and you are doing great!
way to go on your weight loss! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your pictures. So is your ward actually a "Samoan" ward or is there just a large community of Samoan heritage where you live?
p.s. I will guarantee you were that chatty when you were 12. Come on Lithie, don't you remember our R.S. presidency meetings where all we did was sit around and talk?!
Post a Comment