I mean really though, the holidays are already busy as it is with family, parties, family-parties & shopping, the visitors, church activities, birthdays, vacations, & all the chaos that comes with it!
I started a little journal that I write to Emett about all his milestones and accomplishments. I have decided to write in it as often as I can about all the fun stuff and not so fun stuff and then give it to him on his 8th birthday where he will get a new journal too for his baptism and he can start a journal of his own :) I plan to do this with all my children & I know it will be insane trying to keep up with all 14 of them (haha inside joke, when i was like 16 i loved big families and wrote in my journal that i wanted to have 14 kids.... yeah that's changed! lol) but however many we have i promise to have little something special, a small record at least of our love and feelings for them on their 8th birthday! The Lord will help me with this goal. I know he will.
ok so before i just load up all the fun pics i think i will give the 411 and try me bestest to recap all that has happened!
My goodness where has the time gone? I cannot even believe that my little Emett boy is already ONE! i dont believe it! He started walking at 1 and saying waving bye bye and saying things like ball & book (baww & Boooo) @ about 10 months he points at everything and anything.
His first steps were 3 days after his first birthday. as soon as he figured out he could walk without mom or dad holding his hands he would literally try and take off running!!!
He will be 14 months the 30th of Feb 2011 (yes there are 30 days in feb!) and we still have 4 more months til he can go to nursery in church and boy we cant wait for that! he is so energetic and loves to play and interact with others. When we go on walks to the park or to the store he has to wave and say HI to all the strangers we pass and sometimes randomly will blow kisses hahaha it always makes them smile. He LOVES to read and play with balls or balloons. he is the light of my life.
Levi and I talk about expanding our family to 4 and get excited thinking about it but we'll see what happens.
It has been such a blessing to have my baby sister Alorah move in with us. She is a junior in h.s. and attends Clearfield High just down the street. she loves it, like for reals.... it was a huge adjustment for her but is doing great both academically and socially. It's wonderful having an live in nanny lol jk but she does carry her weight around here and its been fun trying learning how to raise a teen.... she is my little mini-me. We went to parent teacher conferences and all her teachers just looked at us funny bc Levi and I are so young to have a child her age yet Alorah looks JUST LIKE ME so they dont know what to think... one of her teachers finally just came out and was like "ok so please dont get offended but may I ask how old you two are?" hahaha to which my reply was "none taken, we are 26 and this is my baby sister.... so no i didn't have her when I was like 10" lol and we all laughed. It made more sense.
His bday was a success! we took some family shots, had Thanksgiving in Cali, Christmas in Highland, New Years at our new home in Clearfield, hit the slopes @ Snow Basin with my dad for the first time and my little Sis Alorah who moved in with us recently, and celebrated HEART DAY @ Red Lobster with our cousins the Hennessey's :)
Levi loves his new job and I love it too b/c I can stay home with emett, exercise, play and try my luck at learning new trades such as baking like my older sis Alisia or couponing like many of my friends, and reading tons. I have a list of things to keep me busy and look forward to going back to school by the fall of this year! wish me luck!
Here are some pictures....
His first pair of big boy jammies
Lorah, daddy, Levi getting ready to hit up Snow Basin
outfit from uncle tini and aunty leesha
Love these two!
Emett and his cousin Owen Nofo
giving loves before going back to L.A. :(
All his goods from his bday party
his OnE YeAr party was a hit. tons of family, food, and fun.
Christmas 2010
Family photo shoot Oct 2010

Halloween Fam party 2010

Morning of his ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY!
His Cake Before......
His Cake Demolished!

I just let him have at it, and then realized how dumb that was after!!! my gosh, there was cake in places that didnt make any sense! cleaning it up was a chore. but i love this boy and had so much fun watching him just enjoy it and trying to share with everyone!
My life is a life truly blessed.

7 comments:
holy cow! There's so much to comment on. Lithie I miss you. My family seriously just lives up the road from you guys. Get on 1-93 and head east towards the mountains and voila, that's where they are. Next time I come down, I'm calling you to get together.
I love the idea about Emmett's journal. I've been keeping a baby book and a book of milestones... I'm going to put it in journal format. thanks for the idea.
its about dang time for an update girl! oh my, that little emmett is NOT so little any more. i cant believe he's walking. he's such a handsome young man though ;) makes me so excited to watch the little ones grow up! i miss you lithie and i want to see you... ;(
He is so cute! I can't believe how big he (and Sophie) are getting. It's just crazy how time flies.
Lithie! I miss you so much!!! That was a great update! I'd say more but Dalton is a crazy man right now! Give Emmett kisses from the Butlers! We sure miss you!
OK, I might have to copy your journal idea- that is SO cute! I am an idiot for not thinking of that! Emmett's birthday looks like the best pasty ever! It makes me think of when Jackson is a year... bittersweet! Emmett is SO dang cute! Andrew was looking at your pics to and thinks that Jackson and Emmett kinda look alike, I think so too- both chubby and adorable, and bald- ha ha! Love it and LOVE you!
i have a memory book that i started for mia, and i havent written in it for quite some time. i'll have to dust it off. i'm so bad. love the pictures, and i miss my emett boy so much that it makes me cry. but i cry a lot anyway LOL kisses to the family! glad u finaly updated, so did it. did u see?
Lithie, I'm so glad you finally updated your blog! I've missed seeing what you and yours were up to, and Emmett is getting soooo big! They grow so fast! A journal is a cute idea.
Miss you so much, glad you all are doing well, and can't wait to read the next update! :)
Post a Comment