Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sneak Peak.... Emett & Mia's first photo shoot together!

Ok so we went to SoCal to visit my family for a week and a half and it was a BLAST!!!
I DID NOT want to come back home to Utah :(
It was our "spring break" since my sister who is a jr. in h.s. had her spring break for a week we decided to head on out to L.A. and have some fun.
Unfortunately ALL of my pictures are on my camera which we left at one of the restaurants we ate at and I had to send my sister back to get it. So my picture memories are all in Cali still on a dead camera and I have to wait for a few weeks to get them.
We did tons though and it was so fun. Some of the things we did that I will post about later:
  • Grammy Museum
  • Zoo
  • John's Incredible Pizza Co.
  • Farmers Market
  • Redondo Beach Pier
  • Japanese Garden in Long Beach
  • Mia and Emett's AWESOME PHOTO SHOOT!!
And here are my babies!!!! Emett loves his cousin Malia!!! and when we came home he would randomly walk around the house calling out for her.... "miaaaaaa, miaaaaaa, mia, meeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh!" lol
She is going to be such and amazing big sister some day and i swear emett learns new phrases and words and so much around her. The kids these days are just SO BRILLIANT! Mia is only two and will be 3 end of July, and talking to her sometimes i forget she is so tiny and you fell like you are talking to a mini adult :) I pray my kids are as smart and loving and caring. It has everything to do with her wonderful parents.

I LOVE MY MIA GIRL!
My Emett boy and his GQ pose!
Gosh they grow so fast. He will be 18 months end of April and time for him to finally go to nursery. YAY! He is learning so quick and helps around the house. His favorite chore is helping daddy put the clean dishes away from the dish washer. He loves to vacuum and sweep too! I keep telling him not to worry bc he will have PLENTY of chores when he gets older so i hope he never grows out of it, but I'm sure the day will come.
He can finally say kang-koo (thank you) we have been working on that forever. He has been saying peez (please) since forever but we could never get him to say thanks!
I have been writing in his journal and its hard to keep up with all his new words I wish i could just have a camera follow him around everywhere to catch all the funny things he does. I cant wait to get him into sports since he LOVES packuh-baaal (basketball)
I am sure every mother can go on and on about how wonderful and amazing and cute and adorable their little ones are, but WHO CARES! It's all TRUE! hahaha
Honestly I am afraid for the next few months and i have been reading like crazy all these parenting magazines and church articles and general conference talks addressing parents and discipline etc. Emett is approaching his "terrible twos". Not all children go through this crazy phase but we are bracing ourselves. It will be learning experience nonetheless.
Patience. Patience. Humility. Paciencia. Courage. Diligence & more Patience!
It truly is amazing how much we can learn from our children and the purity and sweetness they bring into our home fresh from heaven.
They are so full of life and love, passion and curiosity. Courage and determination. Trust & obedience. Meek & humble. They challenge us for sure! Its not ALWAYS pretty. It is tiring and exhausting and some days mundane & repetitive. But i wouldnt have it any other way.... well maybe some days I would, but I wouldnt be a mom if that weren't true.
I tell levi everyday if I got just a penny for every time I cleaned up a toy or food off the floor we'd be millionaires!
I love my life, a million dollars or not, although that million would sure be nice, its cool I've got all I need!
We have some fun news and pictures to share so I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

Kurt & Jen said...

Emett is one of the cutest little boys ever, so brag on!! I'm sure he'll always be a sweet little boy because he has awesome parents!!

Leesha said...

you're sweet, sis. and mia loves emett so much. as soon as we can affor a mini vacay, we'll totally be making a trip to your place so they can hang out! you guys are awesome parents. xoxox