Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Family Rocks!

Ok so my cute little cousin Alai was baptized like weeks ago and i am just getting around to posting the pics. i've been a little busy.
It was so fun to be with family. here is a picture of the amazing cake and elaborate buffet that was prepared for her special day!
This is how we roll!!!!

Isnt this the most amazing cake! the cupcakes were divine!

Her colors were brown and teal blue, the tables were so cute! The food was off the hook!! When Levi and I pulled into the church parking lot he thought we were at the wrong church b/c there were so many cars loading tons of food and stuff into the kitchen and when we walked pass the culture hall it seriously looked like a wedding, haha it was beautiful though and such an important day for her to remember the sacred covenants of baptism :O) Oh and i just loved the musical number cousin Nela sang. Levi actually got all teary eyed. I believe Nela wrote the song too right? I forget the title... Iwanna be... (and it names all the heroes in the B.O.M) Awesome!

Below: This is lil Alai (in white) and energetic Buddah! everytime he walked pass me he screamed "hi auntie!"
Such cute little kids and they are so sweet and pure!

Below: This is my adorable little niece & nephew Niko & Elenoa! they are the best little kids and so much fun to watch. i miss them! Love you babies! Come visit auntie and unlce in Logan ok!
Hope to see you guys soon :)

Oh i just love these kids!

I just had a blast eating all the yummy foods and being in the kitchen helping out with all the cousins. I actually miss those days! as much as we used to complain when we were little cleaning, cooking, helping, serving food, washing dishes bla bla bla, those are the memories that have stuck, we used to get yelled at b/c we would be laughing too loud! lol Good Times! Our motto was "make fun where there ain't none!"
oh these yummies were so delicious!

It was so good to see Evelina and her new little addition baby Mya Sharlene Lutali.
Miss and love you girls!


Above: Baby, Lene Me & little baby Mya
Below: These were some of the center pieces, cute framed pics of Alai all growing up & fantastically delicious chocolate caramel pretzels! you know I bagged like 5 of those in my purse for the ride home haha Levi kept giving me the look of "that's plenty" haha
I was so impressed! There were like 16 long tables set up and each one had diff pics. It was a great turn out.

8 comments:

The Obergs said...

Holy Crap Lithie!!!! This does look like a wedding. Can I be adopted into your family??? I can't believe how incredible all the food, cake and decorations looked. This is, by far, the fanciest baptism I've EVER seen! I love that you stashed some of the chocolate covered pretzels... you say you only took 5, but I know how you are, does that really mean 10?? hahah (it totally reminds me of the cheesecake incident. "yeah, I've only had like 2...") I would have probably tried to take the whole bucket.

Anonymous said...

Lithie, thank you so much for posting the pics of Alai's baptism! It was so great having all the family there & all I can is thank you, thank you, thank you!! I wish you would've taken more pretzels, we only made 300 of them! lol

Chelsea and Dave said...

wow talk about throwing a party! awesome! good times!

Married Mannings said...

What a fun party!!! I love family parties!!!

sepa said...

hey, i love every single one of the kids pictured here, too. :) would you hurry up (i.e., in the next four years) and get pregnant already so we can plan your baby shower? niki will design and decorate, and i'll eat. i mean make pound cake for you and lene to destroy. wait, never mind. just get pregnant so we can have an excuse to have a party.

luv u rocks,
sepa

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

COOL! That is the coolest cake/ cupcake stand I've ever seen- it was SO cute! I can't wait to have an Eight is Great Party for our kids!

Anonymous said...

I like that idea Sepa!! Hurry up & get pregnant Lithie!! lol

Lithie said...

wow Sepa & Nik no pressure! I like how your idea of "hurry up" is in 4 years or so, haha you two are the best! sepa i'm glad you volunteered Niki's services to design & decorate! oh and hey Lene destroyed that pound cake all on her own i had to step in an salvage it! lol
Niki- I would have taken more pretzels but levi kept giving me the look of death haha lol he keeps me grounded i guess! love you cousins!